The Buffalo Nations Luxton Museum is nestled in the majestic Rocky Mountains within the scenic town of Banff, Alberta, Canada.
We are located within walking distance to all the town’s amenities, the museum is beautifully situated along the Bow River across from Banff Central Park.
+1 403 762 2388
1 Birch Ave
Banff, AB T0L 0C0
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Buffalo Nations Luxton Museum and Gift Shop are open 365 days a year, 7 days a week.
May – September 10am – 7pm
October - April 11am – 5pm
The Museum accepts Visa, MasterCard, Debit, Traveller’s Cheques, U.S. cash (exchange rate subject to change) and Canadian cash. Alberta’s 5% GST is included. Please contact us for school group deals or special tour rates.
- Adults: $10.00
- Seniors: $9.00
- Youths (7 to 17): $5.00
- Children under 7: Free
- Interpretive tours by local Stoney elders
- Free parking (including tour buses)
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Advance booked tours and schools welcome at group rates
- Smudge ceremonies/ weddings/dancing and drumming classes/ puppet shows/ art classes/ feather painting/ beading workshops and many more
- Event space rental - newly renovated cabin or whole museum.
VISIT THE GIFT SHOP
The museum shop offers visitors a selection of unique gifts from First Nations collectives and artisans located across North America. Native arts and crafts, publications, distinctive jewelry, posters, cards, and exquisite pieces of artwork are available for visitors of all ages and interests.